How You Can Help
Donating to SPIN ensures more children will sleep tonight in the warmth of their own home and not on the floor of a temporary shelter, and parents will learn to manage their lives so their children will have a secure future.
And the poorest of the poor, those literally living on the streets of Orange County, will be offered a meal, a blanket, referrals and a warm smile.
In addition to your gift of cash, there are several ways in which you can contribute to the success of SPIN and the people you want to help:
- Make an Annual Pledge
- Donate Stock
- Attend our Fundraising Events
- Underwrite Programs
- Donate a vehicle – SPIN recieves 100% of the value
- Provide items on our “Wish List”
- Volunteer Time or Services
Donate Goods & Services
Gifts in Kind are those donations other than financial which benefit SPIN’s clients through our Housing Program or homeless individuals and families that we serve through the Street Services Program. We're looking for everything from travel size hygiene items and men's boxers, to canned food, calculators, and gift cards. For a complete list of needs, please take a look at the PDF below:
In 2017, 10,629 volunteer hours were donated to SPIN.
Here are a few ways you can be a part of that:
- Assemble Sack meals for the homeless on Thursdays
- Distribute sack meals and supplies for the homeless on Thursday evenings
- Serve on the Golf Tournament or Annual Gala Committees
- Help with bulk mail preparation, assembly of hygiene kits, organizing food drives and/or used clothing drives, organizing the food pantry
- Financial Advisor for families
- Legal Services
- Workshop Speaker for families (on Saturdays)
- Office Receptionist
- Crochet sleeping mats for the homeless
We encourage churches, youth organizations, student organizations and businesses to help with our projects or to organize your own event to help raise awareness for SPIN.
- “House Warming Basket” Project for our GAPP (Guided Assistance to Permanent Placement) families
- Hygiene Kits for our Street Services Program
- Birthday kits for our GAPP families (Everything to throw a birthday party for a child)
- Warm Clothing drive for our Street Services Program
- Canned food drive for our homeless individuals and families
- Easter baskets for our families with small children
- Mother’s Day gifts for our low-income moms
- Adopt-A-Family for Thanksgiving and Christmas